Pump it up to 17-Mile Drive Pebble Beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Pebble Beach
November 12th 2018
Published: November 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

One last morning in George’s house in San Jose with Steve’s parents before leaving for our “Babymoon.” We made it out to a breakfast café called “Cup and Saucer,” that Susie and George really like, and had a big breakfast of the kids favorties: Eggs for Rosie and pancakes for Nathan. We were going to spend some playtime at Pump-it-up nearby but it didn’t open until 10, so we spent some time a Christian Book store in the kids play area looking at toys and books. At Pump-it-up, Rosie and Nathan were having a blast climbing around and sliding down the big slides together. The wipeouts and faceplants did not seem to bother them. Tory and Steve were sad to say their goodbyes to them for the next two days, but the kids didn’t seem to mind thanks to the distractions of the play place and being with Nana.



We drove and checked in to the Monterey Plaza hotel and dropped our bags off in the room before heading out the 17-Mile drive. The drive was full of cypress trees and famous landmarks, we decided to stop at the lone cypress for a pictures and walked down to see the amazing 250-year old tree on top of a rock off the ocean cliffs. We made it to the lodge at Pebble Beach and stopped in for lunch at the Stillwater Café inside the window with a view of the 18th green. There were some loud renovations being done, but we were still able to enjoy a late lunch that would hold us over the rest of the night. We ended up leaving back to the room and stopped at Trader Joes for what would be our dinner: wine, cheese, salami, and crackers. Thankfully the place had some coffee, as we were exhausted from the past few days of fire evacuation and moving houses and sleeping arrangements.



We made it back to the hotel in time to go the hotel spa for Tory to get a massage and Steve to spend some time in the hot tub on the roof with a cool view of the Monterey Bay. After that we went back to the room for Steve to pass out watching the 49ers MNF game before Tory came back from her message. The 49ers are so bad to watch, it is not that hard to fall asleep watching a game even if you are not tired. We just stayed in bed the rest of the time before an early bedtime and read some books and watched TV, enjoying the time together in a quiet hotel room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb