Edit Blog Post
Published: August 16th 2012
So I started packing. One tiny tiny bag down, and two to go. Evidently I've learned the error of my ways when it comes to shoes though. You (apparently, and so people tell me) don't need 10 pairs of shoes for a four week trip. Who knew?
So, here you have it: packing for a month, multiple weather systems, and needing to be dressed up in 100 degree weather - you need a max of seven pairs of shoes. Also, dresses. Lots of sundresses of varying lengths. That's what works in the hotbox that is Southern Europe during the summer. The only problem with this: I'm going to Munich first. Where it's a solid 10-30 degrees cooler. Epic weather fail.
I'll post a picture of the disaster that is my suitcase tomorrow, once it's successfully filled to the brim, and quite un-lift-able. Should be fun on the Italian metro, n'est-ce pas?
One final note. Important phrases for traveling in Italy:
1) Il conto, per favore. (The check, please.)
2) Dov'é ....? (Where is....?)
3) Mi può aiutare, per piacere? (Can you help me, please?)
4) Ancora un bicchiere di vino. (Another glass of wine.)
5) Mi dispiace, non parlo italiano. Parla inglese? (I'm sorry, I don't speak italian. Do you speak English?)
More to come. Highlights: takeoff playlist, pictures of my gollum-sized suitcase, and my farewell.
Tot: 0.937s; Tpl: 0.049s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:saturn w:www (18.104.22.168); sld: 2;
; mem: 1.3mb