Los Angeles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
October 2nd 2011
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 34.0533, -118.245

Today was the day they kicked us off this beautiful ship. Despite the long delays and the crazy waits in Vancouver and San Pedro… they made-up for it today! Today, they got it right! We were in the waters at the San Pedro port before 6:00 am!! Guests were walking off the ship with their luggage before 7:30 am. I was awake (of course) and got a few pictures of the beautiful area just before daylight. We said our goodbyes to this lovely ship and a nice cruise and headed to the Los Angeles area to visit with relatives for the next couple of days.

Since we were flying back to Missouri tomorrow, we stayed at the LAX Hilton tonight. It was just "okay" - but the third floor courtyard outside our room was spiffy!

We spent the entire day with hubby's relatives who live in the Los Angeles area. We went to their home and had a nice time visiting. They are able to grow spices and fruit in their backyard all year. They live near Santa Monica so we went and saw the water and the park and went to a British fish n' chips pub for lunch. We proceeded to walk the new mall area and see some sites. They then took us around the area and down Sunset Strip from Santa Monica to the Pacific Palisades to Bel Air to Beverly Hills to West Hollywood. It was a long drive and a long day with just a little stop to see a Frank Lloyd Wright home now turned museum. It was directly across from the Hollywood sign. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera today. I'll have to borrow my father-in-laws pictures at some point since I was taking pictures with his camera today.

It was a long day sightseeing and we were all happy to get back to our hotel. We relaxed outside in our courtyard, listening to the planes going off and enjoying the nice weather.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb