Flying Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Saint Louis
October 3rd 2011
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.6276, -90.199

Today is the day we flew back to Missouri... and it literally took us ALLLLLLLLLLLLL day to fly to Missouri. Note to self: next trip... fly in/out of Springfield and/or pay close attention to flight arrival and departure times!!

We started the day meeting hubby's cousin. She is a beautiful lady who met us at our hotel for breakfast.

So, we flew from Los Angeles to Salt Lake City... and had nearly a four-hour layover... so we sat and read and waited...

We flew-in to St. Louis airport at five minutes until midnight. The airport looked empty but the attendants told us there were two more planes scheduled to land later than us that night. Yikes!

Hubby's parents took a taxi to his aunt & uncle's house in St. Louis... and what did hubby & I do?? We couldn't stand another night away from our fur baby and our home...so he drove us home!! I half-slept and half talked to hubby... I remember hearing on the XM radio that Amanda Knox was being released from Italian prison and I wondered what all I had missed in the news. Funny, the things that strike you in the middle of the night.

We drove into our town at 4:08 a.m. and our fur babies were waiting for us!!!!! Home Sweet Home


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb