L.A.


Advertisement
Published: March 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After braving our first LA traffic we parked both cars in some churchyard for $8 then cruised Hollywood Boulevarde naming all the stars we knew (like pretty much every other tourist stumbling along), bought T-shirts, spotted the Hollywood sign, lunched at Dave & Buster’s with bonus play cards to the attached arcade.

We all piled in to the canyonaro to head out to Santa Monica Pier. Timing could have been better as we fought peak traffic and arrived as a ridiculous fog rolled in which made it freezing and reduced visibility to zero.

We collected the other car and nic mum and me went to check in to our airbnb. What a nightmare! The place was super convenient to Universal Studios but the owner was kinda weird and we obviously weren't meant to be there. Never mind, once in Nic and I walked to a nearby grocery store where we got lots of salady things and bought a kettle (America doesn't seem to boil a kettle - they have coffee makers) and milk to make a cuppa.

Wayne took the others to the planetarium and a book store that Lucy had been keen to see.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb