California Adventure Land


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 20th 2012
Published: September 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day four of five of theme parks and I think this was one of of best days yet!

Started by using our "Magic Morning Pass" to enter Disneyland at 9am, an hour before the general public. This enabled us to go on the rides we hadn't had time for on the Monday, including Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Buzz Light Year Astro Blasters, Pirates of the Caribbean and then the Haunted Mansion (decked out already in preparation for Halloween).

We then went to California Adventure Land where we spent the rest of the day.

Started with the Tower of Terror, where the wait time was only 15 minutes, then proceeded on to Paradise Pier to go on California Screamin' (a giant roller coaster) followed by Mickey's Fun Wheel ( a massive ferris wheel), Silly Symphony Swings, and the Golden Zephyr (two rides which were great for cooling off).

Favourite ride of the day for Brett and I was Soaring Over California, an awesome experience where you felt like you were soaring and swooping over California landmarks, a number of which we had already been to earlier in our holiday.

This year the park has opened Cars Land (from The Cars movie) which we also explored and is totally amazing! Man Disney's attention to delay is incredible! Didn't go on any of the rides as it seems this area of the park (being the newest) is extremely popular but we did manage to still enjoy the sights and catch up with the movie's big stars (as per the photos). Plan is to attack these rides on the Friday!

After another go at California Screamin' we returned to our hotel for a swim in the pool, happy hour and a bite to eat.

We went back to that park at around 6.30pm in time to squeeze in an extra couple of rides, and a walk through Radiator Springs (from The Cars movie) all lit up, before positioning ourselves for the World of Colour water spectalcular which combines water, colour, music, fire and animation in an amazing display over Paradise Pier. Just spectacular and totally one of the highlights of our day. Amazing and well worth the return to the park.

A great day had by all. Crowds were still not too big so wait times not too long, with us never having to wait more than 20 minutes for a ride. Fast passes definitely recommended for anyone visiting the Parks, as is the Single Rider queues - saves heaps of time!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb