Theme parks final day!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 21st 2012
Published: September 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Friday... the final day of five days at the theme parks.

Plan was to hit California Adventure Land and attempt to get a fast pass for Cars as we found out the day before that the fast passes for the whole day were sold out in the first 20 minutes. We did all the right things, we got there early (9:30am), raced through the gate and queued about five minutes for the pass and found out most were already scooped up with the next available time being 5:30pm! We decided to take a different tact and we went to the entry which was showing a time delay of 75 minutes and so we entered the single rider entry. This was definitely a good call as 20 minutes later all four of us had been on the ride and Brett and Sarah even went together.

Then it was back to Soaring over California (as we enjoyed it so much), then Grizzly Peak and riding the whitewater raft adventure and then we looked up for a period of time...

Reason for looking up was to watch the final flight of the Space Shuttle Columbia which flew directly overhead on its way to LAX. We had a great spot in the middle of the main street got footage both on camera and video... crowd went nuts and it was amazing to see a piece of history occur before our very eyes.

Then it was back into it... Tower of Terror again, more screams and kids laughing at Mum and Dad. We remember a time when we enjoyed being scared out of our pants, now it is hard to not pee them!!!

We also took in the Alladin Show which was truly awesome and one of the highlights of the holiday. Music, costumes, set designs, props, and actors were all fantastic, with the person who played the Genie being just as funny as Robyn Williams who played Genie from the Disney movie.

Then went over to Disneyland and saw Fantasmic - the water spectacular, and the end of day fireworks display, both of which were also a highlight for the day. Don't think any of us have ever seen such fabulous fireworks before, and a great way to end our week.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.3kb