Legoland - Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 9th 2012
Published: September 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Legoland Day 2Legoland Day 2Legoland Day 2

Halloween Promotion
Day 2 of Legoland and the temperature was sitting at around 30 degrees. We hit the park at opening time and with the benefit of the previous days visit had a reasonable idea as to what we wanted to achieve. The girls wanted to have a second go at the Volvo driving so this time we also coached Greta in saying she was 6 years old as opposed to her current 5. This way she would get to drive on the proper circuit as opposed to the kiddies cars which "were boring and not fair cos Madi and Lola could do the big girl ones!". I will leave you to mentally add the arm crossing and foot strapping as I am sure you have all seen it before!

Actually Greta handled the course quite well. We have some good video of Madi stopping at traffic lights, and showing Greta what to do whilst Lola runs every stop light and red light on the circuit only to have the inevitable rear ending of the kid in front of her. Denise she drives like her god mother?..all acceleration and lots of brake.

The girls visited the Lego store and all picked
Legoland Day 2Legoland Day 2Legoland Day 2

Madi Vamping it up
up some Lego gear. Its definitely cheaper over here - around 30 to 49 % in some cases and it's fair to say a lot of it will be held over until Christmas.

Following the progress in and around the park we then headed to the Water Playground which was excellent in terms of slides, lazy rivers, and family slides (up to four on a tube). The other feature was a water ride which got all participants absolutely drenched. Good fun so we did it twice.

We left Legoland around 4.30 and back to the hotel all tired so headed for the restaurant attached to the hotel for the second time. Lisa wore one of her new pairs of jeans - the ones which were labelled size 6 very slim fit. She was very happy with that description. The good part of this restaurant was it is actually a micro brewery. Beers were good and cheap...$5.50 for a pint and this isn't even at happy hour time. Food was really good and also Lola friendly.

All in all, another great day. Legoland in all honestly was always probably going to be in the shadow of Disneyland and
Legoland Day 2Legoland Day 2Legoland Day 2

These Theme Parks are so tiring
probably also suited for 4 to 12 year olds. Certainly Lola and Greta got more out of it we think, but Madi did like the water park and the Lego shop.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Legoland Day 2Legoland Day 2
Legoland Day 2

Prepsring to hesd down the water slide ride
Legoland Day 2Legoland Day 2
Legoland Day 2

Lola caught in the water park down our
Legoland Day 2Legoland Day 2
Legoland Day 2

A close finsih
Legoland Day 2Legoland Day 2
Legoland Day 2

A Moment on the Lazy River


Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb