Seaworld


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego » Ocean Beach
September 10th 2012
Published: September 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sea WorldSea WorldSea World

Up Close and Personal at Dolphin Point
We jumped into the car and drove the 40 or so minutes south to San Diego this morning. Managng to miss the traffic by leaving just after 9.00am helped the cause and the drive in was not too bad.

After five previous days of theme parks we made the strategic call and hired Greta a pram on this day. It was warm outside and in reality we werent sure she would last the distance. The dolphin enclosure was really good and Lola and Greta got close and personal with a dolphin but not Madi - her time would come later.

Following the dolphins we walked around and took in a few of the exhibits until the killer whale show. We sat in the 'splash zone' but at a distance which must have been around a dozen rows back. A little splash we thought but not too much. Big mistake. They warned all about covering up cameras and phones but nothing could prepare you. Personally I got drenched and could not believe that the splash could go back so far. The show itself was very good. .... just amazing what they can teach these mammals.

These theme parks seem
Sea WorldSea WorldSea World

Orcas on Show Pt 1
to have an onfatuation with water soakings because the cast away island ride at sea world did not hold back. 'Im kind of getting sick and tired of walking around parks with wet shorts and t shirts ..can you claim chaffing on travel insurance?

Following the Killer Whale show we went and looked at the polar bears and beluga whales. The Polar Bears were amazing. In reality we were probaly holding time until Madi could have her personal interaction with the dolphins. She had to don a wet suit and joined about 8 others into the water amongst the dolphins. She had a very special experience and one which I am sure she will remember for the rest of her life. Her time in the water included riding with them, tickling them, feeding them and giving them instructions. You could not wipe the smile off her face the whole 30 mintues she was in the water.

Once Madi had finsihed her partying with the D's we jumped back int he car to beat the traffic. The younger girls then hit the resort pool with Lisa whilst Madi chilled out in the room. Dinner (and a couple of pints
Sea WorldSea WorldSea World

Orca on Show Pt 2
at the local brewery!) then followed. Back to LA tomorrow but not before another trip into San Diego to visit the Zoo.

Anothe great day


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Sea WorldSea World
Sea World

Hello!
Sea WorldSea World
Sea World

Madi one on one with a dolphin
Sea WorldSea World
Sea World

A bit of a cuddle
Sea WorldSea World
Sea World

Having a play


Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb