Los Angeles


Advertisement
Published: May 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Los Angeles, bloody love this place! We arrived on Sunday 13th May and left on the Tuesday. It was exactly how I imagined it would be and it did not fail to entertain us. We arrive at the hostel around 9pm so went straight out for some food and then to a bar for a beer or two but nothing much as we wanted to save ourselves for the following night. If we were only going to be in LA for two days we were going to have at least one big night and that we did, but I will come to that later. So we were planning on going to Hollywood Boulevard on Monday but everyone told us it was crap, even the people who run the hostel therefore we felt 2 hours on a bus there and the same back was not worth it. We were staying right on Hermosa beach, if I had tried I probably could have peed on it from the bathroom window that is how close it was so we decided it had only been a day or two since we spent most of our time walking around Mexico city so why not do it in LA. It was just the 4 miles this time though up to Manhattan Pier and back. The walk was just a warm up for what was to come on Tuesday. After our walk we had a long deserved rest on the beach, it was good to be back on the beaches as it had been a fair while since we were on the beaches of the east coast of Mexico. We all had fairly red noses to show for it as well. Whilst we basking ourselves in sunshine an American girl pops over and asks us to take a photo for her and we get chatting. Turns out she had just moved to LA, doesn't know anyone and it was her birthday so we end up going out for drinks with her in the evening. Mind you the way we were partying you would have thought it was our birthdays! Don't know what has got into these women chatting us up haha, first Diana in Mexico city and now this! We went to a bar called baja sharkeeze and finished the night off eating japanes food out the back of a guys boot after he took us under his wing because Will and Oli were so distraught there was nowhere to get fried chicken. A slightly random incident but one to tell the grand kids.



We were up Tuesday morning fairly hangover free and off on our adventure. We took it a step furher this time and went from foot to bike. We also cycled 30 bloody miles going from Hermosa beach all the way up to Venice beach, Santa Monica and back. To say Venice beach was an interesting place with some interesting people would be an understatement. Some of them were just mental! We had random people shouting stuff at us, saw one guy with a massive sign asking for donations for a penis reduction and witnessed a bum fight. Apparently this is all completley normal! Santa Monica was more of a shopping district with expensive shops selling expesive things that none of us could afford to buy on our travellers budget. And there we have it, that pretty much sums up our little visit!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.109s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb