Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands » Naviti Island
June 9th 2012
Published: June 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Fiji on Thursday 17th May after leaving LA on the Tuesday and losing Wednesday to the international date line. We left on Saturday 26th after spending our first and last nights at the sky lodge hotel on the main land and the rest of our time island hopping. We spent our first day on the mainland relaxing by the pool after a ball aching flight through the night and set off early friday morning to catch the Awesome Adventures boat to our first island Nacula islands. After 3 hours and 45 minutes on the boat we arrived at Oarsmans bay lodge where we grabbed lunch and went to watch an inter island rugby match. I should have taken my boots with me, the kicker was rubbish I probably could have scored more points than him. On returning to the lodge we filled our faces with food before sitting around on the beach doing nothing. The name of the island tour was called the lazy threesome, we had the lazy bit right so far! Saturday we awoke to heavy rain so we went into the sea and spent our time trying to catch fish with our hands which turned out to be impossible however entertaining watching each other through ourselves in the sea like idiots. That afternoon we went proper fishing on a boat, I managed to catch two snapper, one guy caught a baracuda and unluckily for Will and Oli they didn't manage to catch anything. Sunday morning we were taken to a local church service by the people who ran the lodge and they dressed us up in traditional Fijian dress which was basically shirts and skirts. Shortly after that we left for Koravous Resort on Naviti island.



There isn't much else to do in Fiji than lie on the beach so you can guess what we did at Koravou. Turns out there were a load of flies there which were more attracted to us than dog crap which was slightly annoying. I took to going on a fly killing spree before finding out that this attracts more of the buggers. Sunday evening was to be the first evening that we sampled our bounty rum which we bought on the mainland. Like 14 year olds we bought bottles of coke at the bar, drank some, filled them with rum and went and sat on the beach in hammocks. We met an English and Danish girl at the bar when we returned and played some beer pong with them. That was pretty much the evening done. The next day consisted of more tanning but this time by the pool where we thought the fly issue would not be as bad however this was not the case. We then took to the court and played some volleyball where Will managed to slice his toe open, the same one that he sliced open in Playa Del Carmed in Mexico. Tuesday was more of the same, sunbathing before we caught the boat down to South Sea island. By the time we arrived at South Sea it was late afternoon and we had to leave again at 9am the following morning so we didn't have time to do anything.



We left South Sea island for our final island Beachcomber which apparently is the ultimate party island. This wasn't quite true, it was a lot more quiet than expected but we thought it would be rude if we didn't try and expose its reputation. We still had some Bounty rum to get through which was not going to go to waste. Not much happened that night, me and Will went for a little swim in our pants again and some French Canadian girl told me my English was awful and thought I was Scottish. Kind of ironic for someone who does not speak English as their first language. On Thursday we went out on a banana boat and managed somehow to deflate it on one side, not quite sure how we managed it! This was as well as doing yet more sunbathing. Thursday night was our final night and more people arrived on the island and it was a German guys birthday so there was a bit more of a party atmosphere. I struggled a little the next time with the hangover which eventually got me and made me through up on the beach! Although saying that it may have been something I ate. We were all feeling it a little the next day so took to shade bathing rather than sunbathing. We left beachcomber that afternoon to return to Nadi before our flight at 5.30am to Hong Kong on saturday.



Fiji was like paradise but didn't quite live up to the party reputation we expected, still good fun though!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb