Day 2 - Los Angeles


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our alarm woke us up at 7.30 am and we still felt sleepy as our body clocks are still in ozzie time, we got the girls dressed and headed down for brekkie at the restaurant in front of the hotel. We had a good brekkie and it it was only $ 4.50! After getting the Jeep warmed up and the tomtom sorted we headed to the freeway to tackle the L.A traffic on our way to Universal studios in hollywood, not sure if it was peak hour, but the tom tom said that it should take 41 mins to get there and it actually took about 1 1/2 hours. All I can say I thought Brisbane was bad......
We made it in one piece and got valet parking, it was a bit strange giving the keys to some random dude to park your car but hay its L.A, not the IGA at Deagon. We got our passes sorted and headed inside to check it out. We first went on the studio tour. We saw a lot of the movies we have seen and some T.V series are made here. I must say I was blown away by how many films are made there and the different movie sets and prop's that are set up towns, small city blocks and car scenes. We got to watch how they are made. We watched the new King-Kong 4D 360* and one word, (sic) awesome movie clip. This tour was just fantastic and I would recommend it to everyone, definently a must-see!!!
After that we went on to get something to eat and after lunch we saw how they make the special effects in movies. That was very cool to see how things were done.
We next went on to Krustyland where the Simpsons ride is and it was like you were at home watching the show. It was cool and the ride just blew us away, awesome! It was even better when I had a can of DUFF energy drink, mmmm DUFF.
We carried on down to the lower level where the Mummy ride and Jurrasic Park is and saw a few more Character Shows and some more movie props (check out the photos) and the girls got some pics with Scoobie Doo.
After leaving there, we headed for Santa Monica Blvd to see if we could run into Paris or Lindsay but we didnt see them, maybe next time?? we took a ride along to Venice Beach and got lost so we headed back to the hotel for dinner and bed. Off to Disneyland tomorrow, cant wait.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Desperate HousewivesDesperate Housewives
Desperate Housewives

(Fact did you Know that this house used in the show is the same house that was in the Munster's all those years ago.
susans housesusans house
susans house

Abby got her fix of Desperate's for 6 weeks in 60 seconds.


7th July 2010

Harvey Family trip , U.S.A
Loving your blog and photos.
7th July 2010

The memories
Oh your photos brought back so many memories!!! We wish we were there too! We have a pic of Jase in front of the KwikEMart too! And how steep is the escalator down to the bottom part of Universal!!! It doesn't seem like 2 1/2 years since we were there!!! I can't wait to hear about Disneyland you lucky ducks!!!!! Love yas xxx
8th July 2010

cool
Did you feel the earthquake, somewhere in LA..? we saw it on tv here this morn/Thursday./ .Looks like you are all having a great tour, Thanks for all your daily news, its like we are there with you. All our love Narnie, Robbie
8th July 2010

no, didn't feel the earthquake, have heard heaps about it now we are back at the hotel though!
8th July 2010
thankyou come again!

LMFAO
Hahahahah trust you Stu xox
8th July 2010

cant believe u saw wisteria lane id love that

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb