A lot can happen in two days


Advertisement
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
January 17th 2010
Published: January 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Such as visiting the Grand Canyon, the Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, AND arriving in Los Angeles! Chrissy and I made it safely to our final destination, Westwood, CA! We got in around 4:45 this afternoon, but not before having many adventures! On Thursday, we entered the South Rim of the Grand Canyon National Park and drove down a scenic road to various lookouts where we photographed the amazing Cany... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

imaximax
imax

The IMAX has a cool giant map.
animalanimal
animal

I love this crazy animal sign
prettypretty
pretty

Who knew the terrifying road had such a beautiful view in the daylight?
Devil DogDevil Dog
Devil Dog

Ha ha! Aunt Mare!
more dangermore danger
more danger

Yes, the speed limit here is still like 70. Yikes!



17th January 2010

Still thinking about my socks...
Were there other entries that had many pages of photos? Also, I'm not sure about those ruins. Also, I thought you didn't get to see the strip at all. Plus, good job with the dam and the asians. Why is Stefanie wearing my socks? How did that even happen?
17th January 2010

snow
I am commenting because Chrissy complained that no one commented. Plus I needed to say is that snow at the Grand Canyon? I didn't expect that.
17th January 2010

snow
i already commented but I guess it didn't go through. I wanted to say I was surprised by the snow at the Grand Canyon.
17th January 2010

you're there already?!
loved the blog--don't stop now. keep us informed on how the settling in part is going! sounds like a wonderful adventurous week and of course all of us aunts and mom can breath a sigh of relief that you arrived safely. Any pictures of Lindy and Becky? love you!
17th January 2010

Yep, we're here!
We'll take some touristy pictures in the coming weeks, probably, so we'll be sure to post them and some stories. I'm already dreading going out and driving again today, but I have to find my office, and we're hoping to look at an apartment. I didn't get pics of Lindy and Becky because we mostly drove around in the dark car. Next time we go back, we'll be sure to get some, though!
17th January 2010

Snow
Yeah, there was snow all up on the Grand Canyon. Remember how it was 20 degrees? Also, someone at the Wendy's was saying how they were expecting 7 feet this weekend, but we have a feeling he might have meant 7 inches. Also, we found out from hotel man that everyone who works there lives up there because if not, they'd have an hour drive each way every day. Pretty crazy, huh? I may move there and work there...in two years.
18th January 2010

woohoo!
Glad you are safey safe safe in the big ole city!!!!!! I saw Devil Dog too when I was there!!! (I think.... :-/ ) Isn't the hoover dam AMAZING??!?!? I didn't get to do the grnad canyon but how about the friggin SNOW? And I think they should take the snake sign away. Same rule as the spider rule: you invade my space within 20 feet and you ARE DEAD buddy. :)
18th January 2010

It's a good thing I looked at the comments at the end, because everyone is talking about snow and I'm thinking I didn't see any snow. Well I missed the fisrt page of pictures entirely! Now the comments make sense! Nice pictures! Glad you got there safe and sound! And how does Amy know that Stefanie has on her socks? If that was in the pictures, I missed that as well. Well take care! Love and miss you!

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb