America -Lifestyles of the rich and famous!


Advertisement
Published: August 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

LA



Nearly didn't succeed in getting into "the land of the brave" had a few issues at the airport. Firstly leaving Fiji I wondered why my tickets claimed Hon Jonath Lees. Several checkout ladies asked my what royalty do you know thinking Hon stood for Honourable. I asked the Fijian checkout man why I was honourable and then he changed his tone as he doubted it was my passport. 10 quick fire questions later I was allowed to leave Fiji phew. On arrival in USA immigration didnt go too well either. "Sir are you wasting my time" I had forgotten to fill out all the paperwork. Quite a few heads turned to hear his raised voice. I quickly filled it in then accidently put my wrong finger in the scanner. " Sir! YOU are wasting my time arnt you, If you want to join the back of the que you are going the right way about it!" A lot of heads were staring. He then took a picture and I had forgotten to take my hat off. "BLA BLA BLA..welcome to America" He was jobsworthy!

LA lived upto its pretencious reputation straight away proven by the pawnstar who we met in a taxi on a way to the playboy mansion. LA was happening! There were flash cars everywhere, gangsters blasting out heavy beats from their hummers and model girls with plastic surgery everywhere. We walked past an awards ceremony where Will Smith was attending red carpets were lining the street. We walked down Hollywoods walk of fame and then indulged in proper Western food, probably the biggest pizza I have ever seen! Being 19 we are unfortunatly not allowed to drink however we walked past a club that was pumping. There were tv crews outside but we had to go home and play cards in the hostel.

The following day we decided the best way to get around LA was to rent a car. Rick volunteered to drive and therefore our first stop of the day was Huntington Beach (Ricks sir name). A very busy beach, surfers riding the waves and very attractive girls showing of their new surgery 😊 . Our next stop contrasted greatly to Huntington beach as we had decided to drive through one of the roughest desintations in the world 'Compton'! Gangsters everywhere, if you have heard of the Crips and Bloods thats where they live. We drove through rather quickly and tried not to look at any of them in the eyes...took the wrong turning at one point...we locked the doors.

Again another great contrast of destinations as we drove through Beverley Hills. We viewed some gigantic mansions, homes of the stars. We even thought we saw Morgan Freeman and tailed his Bentley for a while.

Next day trip in LA was to the one and only Universal Studios. We went on some film sets and viewed the sets from Desperate Housewives, Truman show, 2fast2 furious,war of the worlds, Heroes and the new mummy film was being filmed whilst we were there! In the afternoon obviously we went on the rollacoasters and 3D cinemas. We also met Donkey from Shrek wow! The evening was also great fun. We met up with a guy and some girls form the hostel who got us into the comedy store for free. This was such a funny night with some of the most famous stand up comics in America turning up. (California folk hate Mexicans)We got an orange band however which branded us as under 21 and consequently no alcohol.Anyway off to San Diego next!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb