San Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
July 29th 2008
Published: August 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

San Diego



New hire car , ipod, sunshine, GYC could only mean one thing ...roadtrip!A 5 hour trip where we passed through some famous sights such as Laguna Beach, OC and Disneyland. Some great tunes where being blasted out and our singing to add to the racket made the journey a very enjoyable one. We were actually on our way to spend a few days in Escondido with James relatives. We were treated very well by the family and our first meal was a big juicy steak ( the first in a long time). The house was massive and came with a snooker table, plasma TV and a washing machine. 3 things that we missed very much so in Fiji.

Our first afternoon consisted of visiting the local American football pitch where Brooks(James cousin) taught us how to play ball. We then took advantage of home comforts and slouched on the couch all evening. We chilled and wathed movies..which was well needed after our past evenings had consisted of fijian dancing.

Woke up to pancakes, muffins and bacon for breakfast and then it was time for our day trip to San Diego. It was surprisingly a rather small city but the vibe was great. We had our first frozen yoghurt with toppings and walked around an aicraft carrier. We then had Buriettos and headed to our very first baseball game. The size of the stadium was breathtaking and we got a free Padras baseball team shirt. The game was between Padras and Seattle and after a few innings I started to understand the game. The Americans are very patriotic about their country proven by the jets the flew overhead with American flags and the American national anthem sung at the beggining of the game. Although the Padras lost, it was a great game to watch and absorb American culture.

For our last day staying with James cousins we decided to play a game of golf. The course was in amazing condition and of course sun was shinging. I couldnt play golf because of my arm however my buggy skills were immense and I had a good laugh with the boys. To end our stay in California we went out for a delicious meal with James cousins family. We very much appreciated them putting us up for a few days
and giving us homecomforts we had gone without for soo long.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb