Halloween in Hollywood


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
October 30th 2007
Published: November 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hollywood!hollywood!hollywood!

hollywood na na na na na hollywood!
Same day twice
It was strange having the same day twice! We landed at LAX in the afternoon and caught the shuttle to Dollar Car Rental. We had made an online reservation for a car and had expected the quoted $60 to double when insurance was added, but when we arrived the woman was insisting it was $240 for full insurance. After much negiotiation and swapping of car types, we got a mid-size for $160. We grumbled all the way to the pick-up : why can´t they just give you an honest price when you book? But then we stopped moaning and started grinning when we saw a bright red Mustang in section 2, our designated pick-up lot. Jase was really excited as we accelerated out of the car park. Zoom! Zoom! We called Radisson and took advantage of Neil´s connections to get a room for the night.

In the evening we drove by Marina del Ray and Venice Beach, on route to Santa Monica Pier. It was quite late when we got to the pier but there were lots of locals fishing. A strange guy at the end of the pier was playing multiple instruments and the cacophony was
the stars!the stars!the stars!

for kerry! in honour of the point break days!
really eerie, especially when we started talking in a really creepy voice. We raced back to the hotel, enjoying the car.

Beverly Hills
We drove into Beverly Hills and visited Rodeo Drive, complete with chandelier street lights! We peered into the intimidatingly empty shops, displaying expensive handbags and not much else. Then we jumped back into the car and got stuck in lots of traffic on Sunset Boulevard. Undeterred we used our basic map to weave our way around West Hollywood to emerge on Hollywood Boulevard. We parked up and walked to the Kodak Theatre and took a photo of the Hollywood sign, which looked tiny from the theatre balcony. We did the touristy thing looking at a few of the stars on the pavement and it was lots of fun being Halloween, lots of people were dressed up and enjoying themselves. The scariest was actually Tigger, who Rach insisted on getting a snap with. He kept whistling and whoo-hooing Tigger style in her ear, which was a bit creepy! DeleteReplyForwardMove...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Shopping!Shopping!
Shopping!

chance to buy a few suits!
Rodeo driveRodeo drive
Rodeo drive

evening the street lights are chandeliers!
beverly hillsbeverly hills
beverly hills

even the palm trees are size zero!!!
santa monica piersanta monica pier
santa monica pier

nice fiji shirt!


16th November 2007

LA woo!
I can't believe the Harry Potter lot got to do their hand and footprints! I happened to be there when Johnny Depp was doing his ceremony - that was coooool. What did you think of LA - I thought it was a bit of a HOLE personally! That's cool that you're back for christmas - something to look forward to when you get home. I think I'm going to struggle with all the cold and frost... not used to it! Going out with Kelly and Lizzie in London this w/e. Should be a laff! Me and my two worthogs pahahahahha! Have a good un.
18th November 2007

Omega Man?
I like your shirt Jase. Where are all the people actually, you seem to be alone on the steets. It's a bit Omega Man.
20th November 2007

thanks!
ahhhhh Rach I'm touched : )

Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb