And that’s a wrap...cue sad music ☹️


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
January 27th 2020
Published: January 27th 2020
Edit Blog Post

And so it draws to a close...the long-anticipated 7 weeks of holiday has sadly ended and here we are at LAX waiting to board our flight home...waaahhhh, I don’t wanna!

Today was always about Harry Potter (for some of us) and filling the time before our late night departure (for others). Out to Universal Studios this morning and straight to Hogsmead...well, unless you’re seven and you’ve heard your big sister rave on and on and ON about HP for over a year, and absolutely REFUSE to enter...in which case, you go to Minions instead.

I’m told it was everything she could have hoped for - the Forbidden Journey was great and the wand selection process even more exciting as she got picked out to demonstrate how a wand selects its owner...but she went against the magic and chose Ginny’s wand instead. Even got to test her new-found magicness (?) by casting spells on some of the window displays.

An enjoyable day out for the rest of us mere muggles (see what I did there?!?) with a few rides and shows...and even more paraphernalia to try to cram into our over-stuffed luggage for the trip home.

It’s certainly with a heavy heart that we head home - we’ve all had more than enough of LA, but could happily spend more time in the rest of the country. The number of people who volunteered their condolences, prayers and best wishes for Australia when they found out where we were from has really touched us, and I feel like there’s much more to explore. Better start spreadsheeting for next time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb