Forward flip...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Venice Beach
September 27th 2009
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So along came Sunday and after a great tip from one of the boys in my hostel room i decided to rent a bike from down on the Santa Monica pier and ride down to Venice Beach. This was great...havent been on a bike for so long (paid for it the next day) and they have a really good bike path that pretty much snakes its away along the promenade for as long as any one hiring a bike would ever be prepared to ride. I took it as far as Venice Beach which was about a half hour. I still cant get over those beaches...compared to Aus (Warrnambool) we r talking at least 300 meters from where the sand starts to the water and it is like this for infinite km's in both directions. the sand is flat and those little baywatch life saver huts are postioned about 200 meters apart continuously for the length of it...insane! Anyway, down in Venice, they say it is a place that is like no other and they didnt dissapoint. Market for about a mile...selling everything from tounge whistles to weed, outdoor gyms, basketball and handball courts, paddle tennis and buskers everywhere. i have a great video of this guy running and doing a flip over 10 people...pretty sick! After people watching for about 2 hours and enjoying some local quisine, i rode back, dropped the bike off and decided to get a bus out to Malibu to see what the fuss was all about. Turns out...NOTHING....not much there...beautiful beaches...more of the baywatch huts nice pier filled with weekend fishermen. After chilling out and talking to some locals about supposably catching sharks off the pier (i wasnt convinced) i decided to get back on the bus. This sounds easier than you think. I stood at the bus stop...along with about 20 other people for no shit...3 1/2 hours waiting for a bus that is suppose to come every 30 min. No one knew what was going on but by the time i got home it was about 7pm and i was so stuffed i ended up just going on the net and watching some tv. Bed time...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb