Hollywood Baby!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Beverly Hills
September 28th 2009
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally it was time to star gaze in some fo the worlds most famous streets. I met a few boys from my room, Steven and Peter who were traveling together from the UK. Great blokes, and the 3 of us decided to get one of the hostel tours around LA and Hollywood. It was only 2o bucks and for a minute we thought it might be a bit half assed however good thing we stuck with it...it turned out to be the greatest tour ever! Haha. Our guide was a guy named Jason S. Gray who is a business owner slash part time actor (look him up on imdb...recons he has body doubled for vin diesel...maybe a lie) and a great bloke...a real local. He took us through Bel Air first to see Jackos house...where he died. pretty crazy. they recon 200 or somthin cars drive past there an hour just to see it. Then on to Beverly Hills where we saw a place called the Greystone Mansion. An amazing place that was built by some oil tycoon back in the 20s or somthin and which is now owned by the the city of LA. (Tom cruise offered to buy it but they wouldnt sell). The grounds are now public property and it is home to many many flims like spiderman, and even entourage has flimed there...a few times. Get this though..as MASSIVE as it is (35000 square ft) you could see this house being built next to it that is owned by the CEO of disney which apparently has take 5 years to build lol. it is 95000 square ft!! and can house 150 cars in its garage...talk about excessive!!. anyway after checking out the mansion we drove down Sunset past the Viper Room and jenifer anistons new house to Hollywood Blv. Jason gave us about an hour an a half to have some food, check out the stars on the pavement...get close with snoop doggy dog at the wax museum, compare sizes out from of the chinese theatre and of couse...explore the kodak theatre. After countless photos and many different angles of the Holly wood sign (although it is so far away anyway) we were back on the bus and heading up to the Griffith Observation Centre. Although we didnt go in...the height gave great views of the sign as well as LA. On the way home we talked Jason in to driving us down Melrose where apparently there is 3500 shops within about a 3 mile stretch of raod and then down rodeo. pretty nice i must say. Once home, the three of us decided to to go out for dinner to a 5 dollar all you can eat...get this...mini burger night. They call them sliders....they wernt much of a burger and i almost threw up lol...but it was good. we drank a heap of beer (corona long necks) and retired by about midnight...was a great day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb