The time has come...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Santa Monica
September 26th 2009
Published: September 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well im here...9 months of saving...thousands of dollars spent and finally i am sitting on the beach right next to Santa Monica Pier...pretty sick i must say. So it was an early start on Saturday morning. Up at 7, at the airport by 9. The goodbye wasnt to bad...i have seen alot worse and as azz predicted; even though they say you should be through the doors 2 hours before just incase there is a line, of course there was NO ONE and so i got through border control in all of about 40 seconds. Oh well.

Flight wasnt bad. I had to change seats cos they put me up against a wall where i couldnt extend my legs. Was going to be hell so i convinced the nice flight attendant to find me another seat. Couldnt sleep though...gee im wrecked now because of it too. I am doing what i did in London to try and beat the jetlag...keep my self awake all day till about 8 or so then go to bed and sleep for like 13 hours. Does the trick i recon. Anyway got of the plane and got through immigration without being arrested and straight on a bus into the city. So weird driving on the wrong side of the road but its something i am going to have to get use to real fast if i am going to drive down to San Diego on Thurs. The bus turned out to be a shuttle which was kinda cool. It dropped me right at the front door and after a bit of unpacking, a shower and a teeth brushing i was off to find some food. Ironically the first place i come across was a British pub and although i prob should have gone to a diner or something straight up, the food was cheap the waitress was kind enough to explain the ins and outs of how the tax and tipping work over here so now i am set haha.

Anyway, on a full tummy a stroll was in order down along the beach and back up to the Santa Monica Pier. Reminds me of something straight out of Baywatch. Pretty cool place. The pier is littered with rides and street performers with heaps to do and see. I tried to get a few photos but it was reeally foggy today. (Not smog - fog). The lady on the bus was saying depending on the wind direction you will either have fog or smog and today it was fog. Hot (33 degrees) and humid but great to bust out the thongs and go for a stroll. Anyway back at base now and am about to crash. Talk soon

Tom


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb