Straight to LA


Advertisement
Published: March 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Round the world!


So here we are! We made it to LA extremely jet lagged but full of excitement. We arrived at 630am and caught a Flyaway shuttle bus straight to Hollywood. We walked from Hollywood to our accommodation in West Hollywood which was an adventure in itself with our backpacks on, getting hassled by guys selling tours. Ohhhhhmygoodness I am too tired for this haha. Eventually after a pit stop at Maccas we got to our lodging.



We've spent the last few days exploring the city, and we figured the best way to do this was to buy a Starline Hop on hop off 48 hr ticket. We could jump on and off these buses as much as we pleased and it was awesome. On Tuesday we took the bus all through Hollywood and Beverly Hills, then we jumped off at the Santa Monica Pier. After exploring here we jumped back on the bus and caught it to Venice. Wow so cool and hippy! Some guys tried to sell us weed from a weed shop lol. Is that even legal?? We walked along the boardwalk to the pier and got some lunch at the Whaler bar and grill. We are amazed at how cheap the food is here. Australia seems so expensive in comparison.



The next day we caught the bus again and this time hopped off in West Hollywood to see the LA Brea Tar Pits. Now this was an awesome bit of information. We saw tar pits that were still bubbling to this day and being escavated for fossils of ice age animals that had been trapped in them. I do love a bit of history.



Today we caught the bus to universal Studios and had a blast there. I loved the Studio Tour. And the 3D attractions. Extra awesome. We then tried to navigate the LA Metro to get back to West Hollywood because our Starline ticket had expired lol. That was an ordeal but we got there in the end haha.. Tomorrow we head to San Francisco. This city has been an awesome first stop on my trip around the world. I'm overwhelmed with the amount of homeless people in this city. ive seen them everywhere and it's just so different to home. So very sad. Also, the money here is weird. I feel like I'm buying things with Monopoly money. True story lol. Shall update again sion, ciao for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



20th March 2015

Hello from Dad….1st Blog response
Hi Zo and Leah, It is great to see that you are having a ball! Ebb and I are still tripping around Tasmania(last week now). I look forward to reading your next blog entry…. BTW, I have the privilege of being the first person to comment on your blog entries, hahaha! love Dad
20th March 2015

Loving hearing of your adventures ?

Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1142s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb