Disney Day Two plus an Adventure


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
September 22nd 2013
Published: September 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 of our Disneyland Park experience began with what has become a daily custom..... the purchase of a new set of Mickey Ears for Leanne to colour coordinate with the attire for that day! We headed to Frontierland where Oliver finally had the chance to buy a much longed for Davy Crockett coonskin hat (faux of course!) and where the boys spent a few quarters at the 'Shootin' Exposition'. We took a trip around the Rivers of America on the fabulous Mark Twain Riverboat and explored Tom Sawyers Island. New Orleans Square was the next area on the map, which included the Pirates of the Caribbean (now an absolute firm favourite!) and the Haunted Mansion (Holiday style with Jack Skellington having taken over for Halloween). Critter Country brought with it The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (yes the boys rode too!) and a much anticipated photo opportunity with Pooh himself (I think I was more excited at meeting Poohbear and giving him a hug than some of the little kiddies around me!) Adventureland had Tarzan's Treehouse, Indiana Jones Adventure (boys only!) and the Jungle Cruise. Mickey's Soundsational Parade brought our second day in the Park to an end and dinner at Goofy's Kitchen again brought with it some great photos with Disney characters and yummy food.

We decided to spend Friday at Disney California Adventure starting our day with the Monsters Inc. ride, Muppet Vision 3D (don't you just love the Muppets?! Brings back such fond memories of watching them growing up) and a wander through Hollywood Land. Onto 'a bug's land' and its fun and "aimed at a younger audience" rides (which suited Leanne right down to the ground! No frights or heights!) A walk through the Grizzly Peak area and onto The Little Mermaid ride located in Paradise Pier (and then a second ride for Leanne!) Lunch stop and fun at the Games on the Boardwalk (Oliver winning a good size Fishing Mickey stuffed toy for his efforts). Toy Story Midway Mania next on the list (definite favourite of the Park!), a quick ride on King Triton's Carousel, then a short break back at the hotel before the nighttime viewing of World of Colour extravaganza. Another fantastic Disney day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb