The Disneyland Dream and an Official Pre-Teen!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
September 20th 2013
Published: September 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Packing and checking out of the hotel in San Diego preceded the necessary task of finding a laundromat. A few hours (and lots of quarters later) we were finally on the road, bound for the Disneyland Hotel. You literally could not wipe the smile from my face as we pulled in, checked in and then walked into the lobby of the Frontier Tower and made our way to our room (on the top floor, the 14th floor, with a balcony, just perfect for those who love heights!) The hotel, the room, all the attention to the tiny details, it is quite simply amazingly awesome, so worth every single penny and so much better than I could have ever imagined. Our first night is spent settling in before dinner out on the deck at Tangaroa Terrace.

The morning of the 18th dawns and it seems that somehow our little boy is suddenly 12. Oliver is all smiles as his special day begins and we prepare for our first ever Disneyland Park experience. As we make our way toward the park, we are all enthralled by the Downtown Disney area and it takes us at least half an hour of gawking and gaping at all the splendour to make it to the ticket entrance. As our tickets were scanned and I took that first official step into Disneyland, I admit that I held back the tears! We were standing inside the Happiest Place on Earth and had an amazing week ahead of us to fill with memories.

Our first day at Disneyland we explore Main Street USA, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, which combined only add up to about half the park! We weave our way in and out of rides and attractions, with so much to take in at every turn. The queue times are very manageable, with half an hour being our longest wait and the majority of rides being quite a bit less. The park is certainly not overcrowded and once again we are pleased at having chosen to visit at a more off peak time.

The sheer magic of the place continually surrounds you. We have the opportunity to have photos taken with THE Mickey Mouse (as well as other Disney characters throughout the day) and Oliver is wished a happy birthday a hundred times or more (thanks to the 'it's my birthday' badge he was given to wear!). We also all wore 'First Visit' badges and Mickey Mouse t-shirts (yes, even Bradley!) and I purchased and wore my first ever pair of Mouse Ears too..... what a day for 'firsts'!

As the sun started to set, we picked our spot on the kerb from which to view Mickey's Soundsational Parade..... and what a parade it was! Characters and colour, music and dancers, and such an atmosphere. As the park twinkled into evening, we wandered back through the gates and bid Day 1 of our Disneyland experience goodbye. We celebrated Oliver's 12th birthday with a dinner at Goofy's Kitchen, complete with character photos and conversations, and a cake back in the hotel room.

Although wearied from such a spectacular day, we are all looking forward to Day 2 at Disneyland and the excitement and adventures it will bring.

Advertisement



20th September 2013

Hi there sounds awesome hope my lotto numbers come in this week I will be on the next plane. Glad your dreams are coming true xxxx

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.098s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb