More Disney Magic, Friends and Knights


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
September 22nd 2013
Published: September 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Saturday brought with it the weekend crowds but nothing could detract from that Disneyland magic. Our first ride on the Monorail took us directly into Tomorrowland, the location of Autopia (one of Oliver's favourite rides). A drive around the track before heading to Buzz Lightyear Auto Blasters and then onto viewing the classic Captain EO 3D (starring a very young Michael Jackson, circa 1986!) Star Tours for the boys and a little shopping for me, before Mickey's Toontown. A rather long wait for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (beginning to understand the Disney genius of detailed queuing areas!) and a wander through the Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival takes us back towards New Orleans Square. A ride on Pirates of the Caribbean (just as good second time around!) and a pointless wait for the boys at Indiana Jones Adventure (after queuing for almost an hour the ride breaks down!) They don't quite make it to the splash part of Splash Mountain either (the ride breaking down as they sat in a boat at the bottom of the mountain two thirds of the way into the ride!) but are compensated with a Fastpass that takes them back to Indy (so all's well that ends well!) Our evening ends with the fireworks spectacular "Remember... Dreams do come true" that quite simply and beautifully epitomises the magic of Disney.

The first day since our arrival in Anaheim, without a day at either of the Disney parks, brings with it a room service breakfast (the Mickey shaped waffle tasted as good as it looked!) A few needed items from a local Walmart and a quick stop at a Michaels across the road (this store just gets better with each visit!) Back to Downtown Disney for lunch and some shopping before heading to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We had something extra special planned for tonight with the arrival of our fabulous friends The Ferguson's. We all went to Medieval Times, a dinner and show centred around knights, kings and castles complete with a 'hands only' meal and drinks in tankards. Despite our consistent flag waving and screams of support, our Green knight only managed to place second in the tournament. The horses in the show were just beautiful and obviously highly trained. It was such a great night and we were so thrilled to have had the chance to spend it with friends. We are looking forward to sharing some Disney magic together too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1006.1kb