Los Angeles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
October 5th 2009
Published: October 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys it's Hannah and holidays gone soo fast!!!!
DISNEYLAND, shopping and eating are a few of the things we have ben doing!
Um well I don't know what to say so here are a few pics!!!



Now can I tell you about eating well I'm gonna tell ya anyway!!!
Ok I will start with the portions well now um well they are HUGE!!!

Over to Mum now!!!!!



Our flight from London to LA was great, lots of leg room and the inflight entertainment kept us all quiet for hours making the flight go so quickly.

LA is enormous. Looking out the plane window the surrounding cities seem to go on and on.

We blobbed out on our first day here, Hannah was itching to get into Castaway Cove (the kids swimming area at the Hotel) as she hadn't had a swim since Manchester. There is a water bucket which dumps 300 gallons of water every 6 minutes, LOVE IT. Hours later Hannah surfaced, while Robert and I just sat around the pool doing absolutley nothing. Later we walked down to the Disneyland gates to find that we could go in and shop til we drop at Downtown Disney, you don't need a ticket to get in here.

Off to Universal Studios on Wednesday - a 12 hour day, taking an hour to drive there and 2 hours to drive back due to traffic (very slow speed here). It was a hot day, temp being around 30 degrees celcius. Universal Studios was a very large place and there were lots of different studios to visit on the top section and then to further studios on the lower section (which you got to by three different very steep escalators). Hannah and Robert enjoyed a water ride at Jurrasic Park, it had a 85ft drop down splashing into the river - a real adrenalin rush for them. I watched from above, pretty impressive I must say. The Simpson Ride was another one they enjoyed together. There were charactures walking around such as Marilyn Munroe, Frankenstein, The Simpsons, Beetlejuice, Spongebob - they were fantastic to see. We saw some animals that had performed on shows and were shown how they were trained. We all enjoyed the Waterworld show, they sure know how to entertain a crowd - and there was a crowd of people visiting Universal Studios today.

Another blob out day. Swimming.

Then off to Disneyland - first day we spent 9 hours at Calfornia Adventureland where most of the rides are. It was another very hot day, up in the 30s. Lots and lots of water required. The first thing we went to was California Screaming, a Roller Coaster Ride, Hannah gives this one 9.9/10, in fact they went back for a 2nd ride. Both Hannah and Robert did all the rides there - leaving out the tame ones - the 2nd best ride being Tower of Terror scoring 9.9/10 also. It was a great day, we saw and did lots but left the park with still more to do and see.

The next day we spent 13 hours at Disneyland, this had all the old favourites and different lands such as Fantasyland, Frontierland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, etc, etc. Not as hot a day as yesterday but there were literaly thousands and thousands of people there. It was also a day celebrated by the Gay Community, and they all wore red T Shirts and there were hundreds and hundreds of them visiting Disneyland. Splash Mountain scored 9.9/10 and came in first, well worth the 55 minute in line wait.

The Laser light show later in the nite was great, and the Halloween Scream Fire Works display was also great. Once again we went home leaving still more to see and do but unfortunately we ran out of time to do the lot.

Overall it is a great place to visit, it is well catered for the tourists, heaps of shopping to be done, heaps of eating to be done, very clean and the people who worked there were tremendously helpful, kind and caring. We would recommend it as a place to visit.

Another blob out day, no swimming but sleeping in and taking a stroll down to the shops again, had a good go at spending what money we had left over. LOL.

Home today......

Our holiday has gone fast, 5 weeks, we have travelled heaps of kilometres, eaten heaps of food, visited heaps of different countries, done heaps of shopping, eaten heaps of food, talked to many different people, eaten heaps of food, bumped into one person we knew. Had a great time and are taking home many wondeful memories and many more kilos. (Both in luggage and on the hips).

Time to sign off from our travelblog now and we hope you have enjoyed following us on our overseas travels. It will be great to get home and thanks to those who have followed us and kept in touch while we were overseas.


Love to you all.
The Hawleys








Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb