Day 2 - Hollywood to Anaheim


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We woke up and looked out our window to see a whole lot of workmen setting up for a premiere. Turns out it was for the kids movie 'G-Force'.
We had our Grand Tour of LA which was starting at 9.30am, so we headed over to Grumann's, via Michael Jackson's star. Because we were so early we could get a good look, any later and it gets so packed.
Whilst waiting for the tour to start, I looked around at all the hand & foot prints, such as Hugh Jackman, Jean Simmons, Shirley Temple, Will Smith, Matt Damon and the only Johnny Depp!
The Grand Tour started and the first stop was the Hollywood Bowl. We saw an opera rehearsal so that was kinda cool! On our way there we also saw the church Sister Act was filmed inside of.
Throughout the tour we saw such places as Leonardo DiCaprio's hotel, The Standard, Dan Ackroyd's Blues music bar, The Viper Room, the city of Beverly Hills, and the Bev Hills Town Hall, which was used in an Eddie Murphy film as a police station.
We stopped in Rodeo Drive to see shops such as Tiffany & Co., Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana.
We saw tar pits and the Miracle Mile on the way to having lunch at the farmer's market. CBS studios (where Bold & the Beautiful is filmed) was next door.
We went past a place called 'Pink's Hot dogs'. The line for this place is always super long - out the shop and around the corner, no matter the time of day. Very popular.
Drove past the Paramount Pictures studios and into Downtown LA. Here we saw Nokia Theatre, Staples Centre, Walt Disney Concert Hall, China-Town and walked through LA's oldest house.
On the way back we got a great look at the Hollywood sign.
In the 5 mins or so we had between that tour and our movie stars home tour we saw actor Jon Voight entering the G-Force premiere. (That was all we saw, by the time we got back they were taking everything down again..)
The homes tour was good but we didn't see any stars themselves. We saw the homes, or driveways, of Christina Aguilera (formally the home of the Osbourne's), Eddie Murphy, Orlando Bloom, David Spade (who is apparently and ass to the tour when he sees them - throws tennis balls at the bus and what not), Michael Jackson (lots more flowers and tributes), Dr. Phil,the Jonas brothers and more. We also saw the house which was in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (actually in Bel-Air), and the chicken shop where Brad Pitt had his first Hollywood job - dressed as a chicken out the front.
We got back, took 2 trains out to Anaheim, almost missed our stop, and managed to have a maxi cab arrive just as we did.
Got to our hotel, the Best Western Stovell's Inn, and could see some rides at Disney's California Adventure park from the hotel. Yes, we were that close!
We walked into Downtown Disney for some food and a couple of drinks, then went home all excited for the next two days of Disney!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb