Our Winter 2010-11 Trip Entry 6


Advertisement
Published: December 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sat. Nov. 26




We went out to place our own Geocache at the new Jeep metal sculpture. We named the new cache "GM Jeep" since it was placed on the Galleto Meadows Jeep. Placing the cache was hard work so we stopped in town for ice cream. We bought a double scoop in a cup with a waffle cone on the side to share and ate it on the patio with Gordon sharing. Finally got the Weber Q grill out and grilled fresh tuna steaks for dinner.

Sun. Nov. 27




Had to move to another site for the next 2 weeks. Wanted to get moved and setup before the San Diego - Broncos game started. The folks who were in the spot we were supposed to move to farted around until the noon checkout time so we went online and reserved a different spot, right across from where we were. Got ourselves all set up and got the Broncos flaga flying. Game went into overtime and Denver won with a field goal woth less than 2 minutes left in OT.

Mon. Nov. 28




Drove out to Ocotillo Wells looking for more Geocaches. We stopped at their very nice Discovery/Visitor Center where I bought an Ocotillo Wells Geocoin and picked up maps and bird guides and other info for the area. We ended up finding 5 Caches and Gordon got to play ball in the desert. When we got home we had a new neighbor next to us and I chatted with hm while Wendy fixed dinner

Tues. Nov. 29




Well today we drove into the big city again to see a movie. Wendy had found a link to Fandango for buy one get one free tickets. So we saw Hugo in 3D and it was a very good 3D movie, especially if you enjoy movie history. After the movie we shopped at Walmart and then stopped at Little Caesar's and got 2 of their $5 pizzas to take back for dinner....had to smell them all the way back to Anza Borrego.

Wed. Nov. 30




No mail yet at the post office so we went out to pick up a cache we missed the other day. Then we just drove around town looking a the area...lots of nice areas, lots of cheap houses.. High wind warnings were up for the area with gust up to 50 mph expected so we battened down the hatches and laid everything down including the flag pole. It was a bit breezy in the afternoon but the bad winds skipped us while beating up Los Angeles pretty good.

Thurs, Dec 1




Our mail got here today so we spent an hour going through the junk....and that's what most of it was, junk. Other than taking Gordon for several walks around the campground we just relaxed the rest of the day. We sure are getting good excercise here and Gordon is enjoying his walks. To think they were worried about letting us adopt him because we would be in a motorhome without a yard....big goof has the whole big outdoors wherever we are for his "yard."

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb