Traveling to Idaho


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Agoura Hills
October 18th 2018
Published: October 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

CuddlerCuddlerCuddler

Always cuddling with Owen
Off to Idaho! The land of the potatoes and miles and miles of wheat fields. We had Grammy Sue take us to the airport, which was a big help with getting dropped right off at the airport terminal. She provided breakfast and we had plenty of activities for the flights. A short flight to Oakland and then a plane change was fine for the kids to explore the airport and get a little energy out. Naturally, Rosie enjoyed picking a wrestling match with her big brother Nathan, and they both enjoyed watching some planes from the windows. The 2-hour flight to Spokane was a relief as Rosie wanted to nap and slept on/with Steve for most of the flight. We got to our rental car, loaded our car seats, stopped for a McDonald's lunch in Spokane because everyone was starving for real food other than airplane snacks, and then began our drive to Moscow, Idaho.

In Moscow, we were greeted by our 9-year old nephew/cousin Owen and the fun began. Rosie loved being greeted with a wrestle/hug to the ground and Nathan loved the chance to get plenty of play time with his big cousin (He's as tall as a 13-year old.) Our Auntie Katherine and Uncle Cheston had their beautiful, immaculately clean house ready for us to enjoy with their family activities over the long weekend. Owen had a day off school Friday and we had lots of sports practices and games to go see, beginning with Soccer practice the first night we got there. Nathan did a great job chasing down all the balls that Owen stopped as goalie during practice after he booted them away. Owen was proud of his cousin Nathan, and said that one of his teammates exclaimed that "Wow, that boy was really athletic." Nathan and Rosie also sat behind Owen's net where he was goalie and they entertained each other during the scrimmage action.

The night was good to settle in with a home-cooked meal (The first of many tasty ones.) Kat and Chet had so many amazing recipes. Egg roll in a bowl was a good start to a very yummy week. Rosie was very happy to cuddle with Owen on the couch at night, and Nathan liked his first sleep-over experience getting to sleep in the same room as his Cousin Owen. Looking forward to a fun 4 days ahead!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Wrestling buddiesWrestling buddies
Wrestling buddies

Rosie always starts it
How to flyHow to fly
How to fly

With Rosie sleeping


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb