Day 5: Hot Springs, AR


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arkansas » Hot Springs
July 29th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We've spend a whole day in Hot Springs today. In the afternoon we actually wanted to go to the lake, but then a thunderstorm came thru and it rained pretty much the remainder of the day. So what better to do in Hot Springs than go to the hot springs? We went to Quapaw Baths & Spa to bath in the thermal waters. Very relaxing. The water has between 95 and 104 degrees in different pools. After the visit we were kind of tired and also hungry. Since there's not a lot of food choices in Hot Springs, we decided for Mexican at Ronaldo's. Very good, although not as good as Senor Tequila (oh how I miss that). After dinner we drove around town and were amazed that a lot of big hotels were closed and empty. We even stopped at one and Regina wanted to go inside, but there was actually a security guard. It's very sad to see such a nice little resort so abandoned. Go there on vacation!
Now we're sitting in the hotel lobby, updating the blog, having some wine and right while we're sitting here, parts of the ceiling fell down onto the table next to us. Yes, it is a very old hotel....
So tomorrow we will be on the road again... we have a lot of miles ahead of us. We are hoping to be in Denver, CO on Friday or Saturday. We'll keep you posted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 62; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb