How I Lost 20lb While Traveling


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arkansas » Arkadelphia
January 22nd 2017
Published: January 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Last month I traveled to my friend over in Helena, Montana. I had never been in Helena before. Once you're out of your realm and into an unfamiliar city, things can become difficult. In my case, I went from 45-degree weather to 5-degree weather and rain, so outdoor activities were a more difficult endeavor. Second, I don't belong to a gym so I had to improvise my resistance workouts. Third, my whole agenda was a bit scattered and I was also jet-lagged for a duration of the trip so all this worked against me. And fourth, when traveling, cooking can become difficult or impossible, and so dining out becomes the go-to option, which usually accounts for less healthy eating options.

There's Always A Way



Pretty much anytime you leave your comfort zone, i.e. home, it becomes more difficult to complete life's normalities. But is it impossible? Let's look at all the difficulties we come across while traveling, and how to resolve these issues.

staying active while traveling can easily be done. Don't allow yourself to be lazy just because a little extra effort is required. Remember, we are warriors!



Maintaining Good Eating Habits While Traveling



The easy thing to do would be to just say screw it for the duration of your trip and eat every meal out, allowing yourself forbidden foods you'd never eat at home, and "Make it back up when you get home." If a minor setback is not of concern, then you can choose to go this route. However, it is not recommended.



Yes, healthy eating will be harder when traveling. But habitual healthy eating is a none-easy task anyway, so you should be used to the challenge. Think about the guilt you can avoid by knowing you came back from your trip and didn't mess up your fitness efforts. The guilt alone should be reason enough to avoid carefree eating.



Join Nutrisystem



Nutrisystem is a weight loss program that works by delivering shelf-stable, vaccum-packed food to your door. It's easy to follow the Nutrisystem while you travel. Simply take with you the food. Instead of eating all of your meals out in restaurants, you will eat the meals provided by Nutrisystem. This will ensure you will maintain the caloric deficit needed for you to lose weight. Get the scoop about Nutrisystem.



Inconvenient but not impossible



So the trend on how I lost 20 pounds in 2 months while traveling seems to go as follows:

· It will be harder than you're used to when at home, but should not be excused

· Pushups can be done anywhere, as can bodyweight squats, mountain climbers, lunges, etc.



· Healthy food options are all around you. We live in an amazing world of grocery stores and health stores within reach. Utilize these luxuries, often taken for granted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 51; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb