Bouse, Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
February 1st 2023
Published: April 20th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We made 2 trips to Bouse. The first with friends Patti, Karl, Linda, and Jamie. During this trip we saw the Bouse Fisherman Intaglio, Quinn Pass, and Quartzsite intaglio. The second with Moira and Chuck. This trip we saw the Bouse Museum and Assay Office, Farmers' Market and Swap Meet, and ate at fish and chips at The Country Kitchen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Assay officeAssay office
Assay office

The Historical museum is housed in an old assay office. This area had gold mining.
WWII BannerWWII Banner
WWII Banner

The Museum had lots of paraphernalia from the WWII camp in Bouse.
Mining toolsMining tools
Mining tools

Outside the museum are mining tools.
Miner's CabinMiner's Cabin
Miner's Cabin

There is a one room cabin on the museum grounds.
JeepJeep
Jeep

Something a little older than Mazie, but so awesome.
WWII JeepWWII Jeep
WWII Jeep

Chuck with a WWII Jeep at the Bouse Historical Museum.
Bouse FishermanBouse Fisherman
Bouse Fisherman

This image of a fisherman with a spear pointed at fish in the water is thought to be between 500 to 2000 years old. There is a fence around it to protect if from destruction.
Quinn PassQuinn Pass
Quinn Pass

Thomas P Quinn had a mine and home in this area. He built a water cistern that served travelers even after he left the area.
ViewView
View

The view from the mountain at Quinn's Pass
Climbing the MountainClimbing the Mountain
Climbing the Mountain

Part of the path was narrow and you could see a caved in opening that had likely been an entrance to Quinn's mine.
Hiking companionsHiking companions
Hiking companions

Karl and Patti were our guides to find the intaglio and the pass. Always fun to spend time with them!
Enjoying the viewEnjoying the view
Enjoying the view

There were 6 of us together for this hike. It was great to have Linda and Jamie with us today.
MountainsMountains
Mountains

Every direction there were mountains to view.
Quartzsite NameQuartzsite Name
Quartzsite Name

On the way back, we stopped to see the "Quartzsite" name made of stones. This is a view from the site (does not show the name).


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb