Vortexes and Stupas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
May 22nd 2009
Published: May 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Blue Moon TherapyBlue Moon TherapyBlue Moon Therapy

Sarah in Pheonix helped us start our therapy...
We are beginning to believe that there will be some healing of the issues in our tissues, here in this very special place in Arizona. Of course, the streets of Sedona are lined with the usually tourist traps but we have been taken off the beaten path a bit by our guides in and around Sedona. Traveling as we did from the East to West has had its own surprising benefits.

Our bodies and minds are still on Eastern time, which means we are 3 hours ahead of everyone else. This may be the only time in our lives this will ever happen. We did not expect to try to do anything before noon, but here in Arizona, it is a very respectable 9 am. And then we fall into bed about 11 pm, which is 2 am Eastern time. Gail is still nursing a cold but you will see a picture of her own type of therapy, "Coffee Therapy."

Yesterday, we had an a very interesting fellow named Drew (yes, Drew, the same name as Gail's much loved older brother) who took us on a Sedona tour. Drew, in his mid-fifties, has lived in in Arizona his whole
Coffee TherapyCoffee TherapyCoffee Therapy

Getting the issues out of Gail's sinuses.
life but has spent time traveling in South America. He was very knowledgeable about the geology and ecosystems of this area, which is part of the Colorado Plateau. The Grand Canyon, which we will travel to next week, is also part of this plateau. This little corner of the world is full of history, not that this turns our cranks at this point but it was still interesting to hear about. Gail is a person of a thousand "Whys?" And she gives every tour guide a run for their money.

Today was our first day of "official" treatment. We met Leon at the Heartwalk Centre and headed off for the vortex tour. We had warned them thru email communication that we both had some mobility issues so Sue thinks Leon was a little more gentle with us. There were some inclines but we both managed them without much distress.

Before we left the Centre, Leon and Sandy took our pre-aura pictures. You have to see these to know what we are talking about but our auras were completely different...in good ways of course and perhaps the reason why we have become BListers.

Leon took us to
the base of Thunder Mountain...thankfully, we were not expected to climb it. Thunder Mountain is not really a mountain but was name by Walt Disney back when he lived here from 1948 to 1959. He later name the ride at Walt Disney World after it and apparently it has the same shape. Doesn't matter which way we look, there are "statues" of red rock each one with its own name: the Coffee Pot, Lizard Head, the Madonna and Child, the Three Sisters, the Chimney and the Sugar Loaf, which is the so called epi-centre of the vortexes in this area. Leon was feeling the vibe at all this energy, Gail and Sue kept looking at each other waiting for the vibe to happen.

The vibe did happen at the the Amitabha Stupa. Stupas have a profound spiritual legacy that goes back thousands of years. They are a form of sacred Buddhist architecture that both symbolizes and embodies enlightened mind. Stupas are a living presence of awakened compassion and radiate constant blessings throughout the world. It is said that all who see a stupa, hear of it or reflect upon it are forever changed by its grace.

Gail
Mother and ChildMother and ChildMother and Child

Taken from the Chapel in the Rock...in the centre you can see a rock formation that looks like a mother with a child at her side
and Sue walked around the stupa 3 times, as is the custom, as Leon played on his flute. We were behind the stupa when Leon started playing and Gail and Sue looked at each other to try and before we could figure out where the music was coming from. Gail made Sue walk on ahead because she thought she was going to "split at gut". It is the custom to leave an offering at the base of the stupa. There was quite a collection of odd and assorted items on the table. We had come unprepared but Sue did have some change in her pocket, which we left.

Leon took us up a little further to a medicine wheel. Now Sue really felt the vibe there. And much to Leon's delight, Gail and Sue engaged in some scream therapy as a light cleansing rain fell. A gentle wind helped us let go of all our negativity. Then we walked the medicine wheel in the opposite direction so that we could fill the empty spaces with positive energy forces. On the way back to the centre, we shared with Leon some Inuit throat singing Gail and Sue have been doing this for a few years now, every time we are on an adventure, and we were surprised at how easy it is now coming to us.

After lunch (the normal kind) and after Gail had some "jewelry therapy" at a consignment shop we headed back to the Centre for a massage. Massage therapy is a wonderful way to treat the issues in your tissues. We were both addicted before we got here and, while each of us had a different therapist, both of us looked like melted butter when we were finished. We came back to the hotel room for a snooze but after nearly an hour, we both realized that the day's events had actually energized us. Gail had seen an advert for a house trailer in Prescott, not far from here, for $15,000 and in her hour of reverie had come up with this amazing plan to buy it. She said we can let some poor Mexican family, mother, father and child live there for most of the year but be ready to vacate for a few months when we came for vacation. It was quite an extraordinary plan that she has/had...and Sue had to ask
A sore thumb.A sore thumb.A sore thumb.

Just before we reach the chapel in the hill, there is this house, which looks so out of place in this land. It was built by the doc who invented Lasik surgery...and is now on the market for $28,000,000. A little too garish for Gail and Sue.
Gail if she was re-creating the navity story right here in Arizona...

So now with a card reader we are going to try to download some pictures for you. We hope we are successful. Enjoy!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The Heart Walk CentreThe Heart Walk Centre
The Heart Walk Centre

...where only good things happen.
Flowers grow everywhereFlowers grow everywhere
Flowers grow everywhere

This is blooming time in this part of Arizona. This flowering plant was growing in a crack in the red rock. A cactus also took root here.
Sue and Gail and an octahedron.Sue and Gail and an octahedron.
Sue and Gail and an octahedron.

An octahedron is a polyhedron with eight faces. It has some sort of mystical powers that we can't quite figure out.
Sugar LoafSugar Loaf
Sugar Loaf

The small rounded formation in front of the bigger rock structure is considered Ground Zero for the vortexes in and around Sedona.
Wilson's MountainWilson's Mountain
Wilson's Mountain

And this is for you, Chris W. Love Mom.
The Wise Woman The Wise Woman
The Wise Woman

Can't you tell, we are into all the rock formations that honour women!!


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb