Tom has a nervous breakdown in Phoenix


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
May 20th 2009
Published: May 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Gail has an English butler she has named Tom, who lives in her GPS. His last name is Tom, as in Tom Tom. Sue knows that Gail has very weird "electronical" vibrations at the best of time so she needs to expect that even the $300 "electronical" GPS would screw up. Instead of heading back to the hotel to pick up our luggage, Tom had us headed towards Mexico. And you know that last nerve, Gail and Sue were sharing?? Well, it went south too. We did eventually make it back to the hotel to pick up our luggage and then we were able to get Tom to get us to the highway north. It was rather humorous to see we were on HWY 17 North. And after you leave the Pheonix area, the gas stations and potties are about as far apart as they are on the trip to Wawa.

Phoenix is very dry and arid. The topography reminded Sue of what the moon looks, not unlike Sudbury except there are cacti and palm trees. About an hour from Sedona, we finally realized that we were in a different part of the world. The pictures you see of the red rocks do not do it justice by any stretch of the imagination. There were truly beautiful, amazing sights around every turn of the highway, especially as we left Hwy 17 and headed up to Sedona on Hwy 179. When we left Phoenix, it was 100 degrees. At one point on the trip, the temperature dipped to 60 degrees. Now it may have been Gail's "electronical" vibrations doing a number on the car. It was about 80 degrees when we arrived in Sedona.

What a weird and wonderful little town. I had to head to Walgreens for some Blue Moon medicinal elixir and cough drops for Gail who picked up her Chris's cold before she left the Sault. We do think she is feeling better now after Zicam and Blue Moon. On Sue's short jaunt to West Sedona, she passed Ye Olde UFO shop. We will be sure to visit that place. We are checking out the real estate here as it is now unlikely Sue will end up at 103 Boundary. Jacob can you get us a mortgage for property in the US? And Sue's Chris, can you tell us what that mountain is where the spaceship landed in Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind? Sue is certain it had to be filmed around here.

Yes, Sue does believe that the energy fields or vortexes that Sedona is famous for are starting to have effect on our hearts and souls. We start with a tour of the Sedona area tomorrow. In order to save the BListerhood, Tom has been relegated to the glove compartment and we are paying for someone to take us on tour. Gail wants to be assured that it is a testosterone-free person. Besides all the treatments we have arranged we are looking at floatation therapy. The advert says that an hour in the tank is like 3 days of detox...you can check it out for yourself at

Advertisement



20th May 2009

Some clarifications for non-Saultites
Hwy 17 North in our little corner of the world is the Highway that runs east from Sudbury, through the Sault and north to Thunder Bay. Wawa is a little town about 2-3 hours north of the Sault. About an hour north of the Sault, you enter the Lake Superior Provincial Park and there are no services for much of the rest of the trip to Wawa.
20th May 2009

Thanks for the laugh
Well I had a LOL moment with the wheelchair episode......keep em coming blisters, you made my day!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb