Arizona will never be the same!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Prescott
May 19th 2009
Published: May 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived and Sue is trying to type this on a computer in the lobby of the courtyard marriot near the Phoenix airport. Sarah, originally from Belfast Ireland, is telling us all about what we need to see on our way to Sedona and back. I know it is the funny little keyboard I am using, not the Blue Moon beer we are drining that makes typing difficult.

It is over 100 degrees F or 40 degrees C in Phoenix...hot, hot, hot. Gail knows how to travel and knowing we would be tired when we got here, she had wheelchair service from the plane to the luggage carousel to the taxi that brought us to the hotel. I don't know where Gail's wheelchair had been stored but the metal sides of her wheelchair were 150 degrees F and/or C. She squirmed and squealed as this tall skinny young man, who seemed to have some challenges, ran with the chair thru the airport. Gail was not happy and Sue could not help laughing....and laughing and laughing.

But we had a great trip from Detroit. We were sitting in the last row of the plane and the flight attendants kept us amused. Of course, they were wondering about us too.

The people, tourists and otherwise, are so very friendly here and are giving us hints and tips re where to go and what we HAVE to see and experience. We think we might have to stay here longer than 2 weeks to do and see it all. We still are looking for at least part of our last nerve but a good beer sure does help.

Pictures are coming...

Advertisement



19th May 2009

flying wheel chairs...
HEY now I can just picture this ...Lov ya both wish I was there ...Hugs
19th May 2009

Safe arrivals
Hello ladies! Glad to hear you arrived safely! Have a safe drive to Sedona. Looking forward to following your travel blog and viewing your pictures (take lots of them). Have a few frozen cocktails for me and a good meal for Drew. Gail, I've heard booze does wonders for wheelchair burns! :) Love ya! Kris
20th May 2009

Hi, Glad you made it there ok. Hope you have a wonderful time, can not wait to see the pictures and the rest of the blogs. Have Fun.................

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb