Our Journey Begins


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Phoenix
July 19th 2014
Published: July 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

(A couple quick notes: The latest entry appears at the top of the blog - scroll down to see previous entries. Also scroll down the page to see all of the photos for each entry.)

After a mostly uneventful (a small luggage hiccup notwithstanding) 4.5 hour flight to Phoenix, we arrived at our rooms around 11pm. (Local Temp: 98 F) We were back up and at the airport following a short night's rest at around 6:15am, and our flight to Maui departed a little late at 8:20am. And no internet service on this flight: I realized that I can't remember when I've been conscious for that long without cell and internet service!!! I kept picking up my phone to do this or that before realizing nothing was going to work. I admit, I got a little twitchy.

But we arrived in Maui in pretty good shape. Craig and Patti got a shuttle to the hotel, while Jeff and Allison went to pick up the car rental. Quite a lengthy process because there were lots of people there. Allison enjoyed watching the wild chickens that were running around outside while Jeff slogged through a slow-moving line. Craig and Patti got
Weavers Get Greeted...Weavers Get Greeted...Weavers Get Greeted...

for their shuttle to the hotel.
to the hotel almost an hour before us. But when we arrived, we realized our 2-day trip was well worth it. Our first view of the property was stunning. We had a nice lunch while waiting for our rooms, and when we did check in we were quite happy with the upgraded rooms the Marriott had assigned to us: deluxe ocean front, and as close to the ocean as any rooms on the property.

After some unpacking, we made our way out to dinner at the nearby South Shore Tiki Lounge - a local joint with live music and surfing programs on the TV. Had a fun time with good, casual eats - but we were pretty beat by this time so we headed back to our rooms and were in bed by 8pm Hawaii time (2am Eastern). Because... we needed to get up at 1:30am to get picked up at 2:45am for our Sunrise Volcano Tour. See you then!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



25th July 2014

Typical
Allison enjoyed watching the chickens. Y'all are WILD

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb