Day 7 Maricopa - Vancouver


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Maricopa
May 12th 2019
Published: May 19th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 7

12/05/2019

Maricopa – Vancouver



Up early and packed our bags as we were leaving today. Karly and Scott had arranged for a lovely mother’s day brunch at the local golf course. We were seated outside so that we could enjoy the view of the course. I ordered blueberry pancakes and Ron ordered a cinnamon scroll and when they arrived I had 3 of the biggest pancakes that you have ever seen and the cinnamon scroll filled a dinner plate. I now understand how the Americans are the size that they are! Not by what they eat so much but the quantity. After brunch we finished packing and then headed off to the airport. We said our quick farewells and then checked in to find that we were not seated together, and if we did want to sit together we would need to pay US$48. So we decided that since it was only a couple of hours it would be okay. I was seated in the second row of cattle class and Ron was in the last row. The flight went quite quickly. We caught a Taxi to the Fairmont Waterfront hotel. We were treated like VIPs which was great. As we arrived at the hotel a cruise ship from the Princess line pulled into the dock directly opposite. This was going to make life easy for us boarding our cruise on Wednesday. Once we had checked in we were on the 20th floor with the most picturesque views over the harbour. This was going to be home for the next 3 night and loving it. We decided that we would go and explore to find somewhere to eat. It was getting late around 9 pm. From our window we could see a Subway so decided that we would head there. We walked around the waterfront to familiarize ourselves with what was available. Back in the room we sat and looked at the lights of Vancouver. We decided that we would leave the curtains open as on the 20th floor there was no one else in view of us and we could look at the stunning city light as we fell asleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb