Guns & Rose's and Family


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Kingman
April 19th 2016
Published: April 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

April 17:

Our day kinda started out last night. We found out our oldest daughter and her boyfriend had flown to Las Vegas from Edmonton Alberta. Jan and I tidied up and went to visit Cindy and Bill at C Bar J Horse Haven Rescue Ranch. We took tons of photos and had a great visit. We opted for lunch at Canyon Cafe to update our travel blog. I did some gardening. I tore out a dozen Cholla cacti. They are tough. So tough I broke my hedge trimmers cutting off branches. Jan weeded and cleaned up our little garden with barrel cacti and a bird of paradise tree. I had transplanted two fishtail barrel cacti as well. Julie and Gil showed up after dark. It was awesome to see them here from Edmonton. They headed back to Vegas at 1 am. We had a nice 4 1/2 hour visit. A late night for us. We served up hamburgers on the grill. We had cherry pie and whipped cream.....tasty!

April 18:

We were up at 7 am. It felt like we never really went to bed. I cleared weeds, cacti and brush around the property, then we had coffee and breakfast. Jan did laundry while I continued with yard work. Then we went to a gun collector's place and did a weapons photoshoot. Lots of interesting weapons...it was fun. We went to see Lewis, and Slim and Martha popped over to see him also. Then we went to town to pick up ice and a few other groceries, and also a brick of vanilla ice cream for Lewis. We came home and made Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and carrots, topping it off with cherry pie and whipped cream for dessert. We took in the laundry that was hanging on the fence. Early to bed tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb