A Quiet Friday, and a Dam Good Saturday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Kingman
April 17th 2016
Published: April 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

April 15:

Windy and cool day right from the start. Had a 10 am brunch and a 1:30 pm lunch. In between, Jan stained most of the addition. I built shelves and finishing touches to the addition as well. Went to town mid afternoon, met up with Lewis at the Canyon Cafe. He introduced us to a friend, Georgia. Jim called to say he was back home in New York. Came home and Jan made dinner. Quiet evening gown at home. Actually needing get to wear a jacket.

April 16:

A full day planned, we started out at 9 am after breakfast. There was a cattle round up at the corner of Pierce Ferry Road and highway 93. So we stopped there for Jan to take a bunch of photos. We drove up to Boulder City to the Nevada Railroad Museum and took a 40 minute train ride. More great photos! On the way back we decided to stop at Hoover Dam. Each time we crossed the Colorado River we were going back and forth between Arizona and Nevada. It got the the point where we weren't sure if we were coming or going! Hahaha. We have been there numerous times but Jan got more great photos. We came home, had lunch (grilled cheese and pickles). I took a shower and shaved, then off we went again. We went to Yesterday’s Restaurant. Jan had meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I had pulled pork and beans. We had a bottle of red wine. WHAT A DEAL! All for $22.00 including 'live entertainment'! We splurged and order chocolate cream cheese cake. The same couple as when we came last year were providing live entertainment. Bill, the male singer recognized us from last year, which was impressive. We danced away until 9 pm, then headed home. We went to bed after 10 pm....what a day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb