Pheonix to Grand Canyon VIA Sedona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Grand Canyon
July 18th 2008
Published: April 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It was so good to wake up today and not be hung over. Especially after yesterdays efforts. Hot air ballooning was on this morning with a very early wake up of i think around 4am. I did not do it, Cat did though and really enjoyed it. Some people who were out drinking last night pulled an all righter not sleeping before ballooning. 3 others missed the optional from sleeping in after their night out. That would suck because its an expensive optional to miss.

The drive to Grand Canyon was pretty cool. Awesome scenery and cool little towns.

Main stop was Sedona. I think almost all of us did the options red rock jeep ride. It was really awesome - totally recommend it. We got taken off road and through the red rocks of Sedona. Good bumpy fun ride, hilarious guides, great photo opportunities. After that we had about an hour or two still free in town to get lunch, shop & look around.

From there it was onto the grand canyon. We stopped in a town there and some people went to the Imax optional, others like myself just used internet n shopped for food and alco to take into the canyon.

We arrived and went into our cabins. The sun was starting to set so Barb and I went to the rim of the canyon and took some pics. My camera wasn't great though and lots of mine didn't turn out. We attempted to watch the sun set but either missed it or were standing in the wrong spot. When the sun was completely gone we walked around the rim a bit, checked out the gift stores and then went and got some dinner. I got a steak and cheese roll. Kinda average but not too bad. After that pretty much just went to bed.




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb