Grand Canyon -- A classic for good reasons!


Advertisement
Published: January 21st 2019
Edit Blog Post

The expectation was building up more and more......

Yes, coming from Flagstaff on a cold but sunny December day, I was very excited to arrive at grand canyon. What builds up the expectation is that you don't see really see the canyon until you are in the park, on designed sites. When you see it the first time, you mind needs to adjust to grasp the huge dimension of it. Breath taking!!

Did I say it was cold? We arrived at -5 Celsius with very strong wind, so bring your coat and layers in the winter! But the good side of this, is that there are far less people around, so you can really take your time at every station.

I tried to take pictures from different angles and perspective to attempt to represent the greatness, but no pictures can effectively do that!

We saw some wapitis, mule deers and couples of birds!

We left the park by driving East, in direction of Cameron. you go downhill, and at some point, you leave the pine forest and enter very fast in the desert. The views are incredible, but there's no place to safely stop....I wish I had a dashboard cam!!

I would want to return one day, and stay more than one day, to explore the trails, especially the ones that go down the canyon, but that's an other story.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement













Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 21; qc: 103; dbt: 0.1911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb