Back to Tok


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
June 8th 2016
Published: June 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Now that our Dalton Highway adventure is over, we are technically headed home. We're going to meander a bit, up into the Northwest Territories via a few other bumpy roads, but it's on our way. We decided to have a somewhat calm day today, only driving from Fairbanks to Tok. The highlights were watching fighter jets near Eielson Air Force Base, more animals and, of course, Lakota at Sourdough Campground.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Sculpture at UAFSculpture at UAF
Sculpture at UAF

We drove around campus to find a geocache. If things work out, we will be back in October to watch the Mavs play, and maybe see the aurora?
Fighter JetFighter Jet
Fighter Jet

No photography allowed, which we learned after we took the photo.
End of the Alaska HighwayEnd of the Alaska Highway
End of the Alaska Highway

We actually drove the entire highway from start to finish this time, but didn't officially stop at the end until the return.
This is a PigThis is a Pig
This is a Pig

I believe the sign said these aren't really used anymore, but pigs are what go inside the pipeline to clean and analyze.
UndercarriageUndercarriage
Undercarriage

Cole thought it was really cool that we could see underneath the motorhome. This is a puddle.
Cooking OutsideCooking Outside
Cooking Outside

This was the first time we cooked outside this entire vacation. Jeff wasn't keen on frying bacon inside.
So CloseSo Close
So Close

Cole got much closer than the rest of us on the pancake toss. Photo courtesy of Liam.


Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb