The Glacier Quiz And a Bit of Trivia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
July 3rd 2012
Published: August 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This one is for Jan, Dan and Marilyn and anyone else who may have the time on their hands to pay attention to these blogs.

Since a large part of any Alaska vacation is seeing glaciers, I thought it would be interesting to see who could name the glaciers that were pictured and named in the entries published during this trip.

We saw many more glaciers than are listed in the photos, but these were the main ones I photographed and also managed to get the names correct.

Before the photo quiz, another bit of trivia. We learned an interesting way to remember the five types of Salmon found in Alaskan waters. You use your fingers to help remember. The five are: Pink, Silver, King, Sockeye and Chum. If you hold up your right hand, the thumb would be Chum (rhymes); index would be Sockeye (like poking in the eye); middle finger would be King (the biggest one); ring finger would be silver (like rings); and the pinkie would be Pink. I wonder if I'll ever use this one again???

Here's how to take the quiz: The eight pictures in this blog are also located somewhere in the previous blogs from this trip. Send me an email with the names of each glacier at snowhawg@aol.com.

It would be interesting to know if anyone can name them without going back and looking for the names.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb