On Board


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Skagway
June 19th 2009
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Just returned from a 4 hour train ride through to the White Pass ...over the hill and on to the gold of the Yukon. It reaches nearly 3000ft and the views truly are spectacular. I suspect that this will be as high as I'll get on this trip . Mountains truly are awesome. A day or to ago sailing through an arrea of the Inside Passage Suzanne and I sat in an outdoor hottube on the 12 deck and enjoyed watching the sky line change. It was incredibly relaxing and we had some good visits with other passengers as well. I was talking with 3 young men ,cousins, who were with a family group of 19...all ages and from all over the USA , celebrating the grandparents 50th anniversary!! They were all having a good time.

The passengers really do seem to come from all over the planet. Most are Americans but the commonwealth countries are well represented as is Europe. Mostly white but some Asian people as well.

Last night , after an exquiste meal of Halibut , we went to a show put on by our Philipine Crew . Good fun as was the Pina Colada in the glass that flashed rainbow colours.

Out of time ...got to go

Advertisement



19th June 2009

Fun
Sounds like all is going well. Very interesting. Keep enjoying. We enjoy your updates.

Tot: 0.479s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.2184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb