A day in Ketchikan


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Ketchikan
July 6th 2013
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 55.3542, -131.691

Today the ship docked in Ketchikan at around 11 so we took the opporunity to sleep in.

We had breakfast at Beach Blanket.

After breakfast we went and played a round of Bingo but didnt have any luck at winning although I got to verify that all the numbers were represented and for this I got some lip balm and a hat.

Then, Kelsie and I got off the ship so she could get a souvenir. Nikki went to read at Cove Cafe and Regan chilled.

We grabbed lunch at the pool deck before heading to our 12:15 meeting for our excursion. We were going to the Tatoosh Islands to kayak.

We had a 30 minute bus ride followed by a 20 minute boat ride on Zodiak out to the island to be instructed on how to use the kayaks.

We then paddled around the islands for about 2 hours. The water was so clear you could see to the bottom. On the trip, we saw eagles and seals and beautiful scenery.

The weather was also very beautiful and I only had on a t-shirt.

We then took the boat back to the bus and the bus back to the ship.

We had dinner at Palo and Kelsie went to Animaor's for the Alaska themed meal.

After our dinners we went to the Buena Vista theater to see The Lone Ranger. Then off to bed.

Dinner:
Ric: Grilled Portobello and Polenta, Beef Tenderloin and Panna Cotta
Nikki: Tomato and Mozarella, Beef Tenerloin and Panna Cotta
Regan: Calamari, Osso Bucco and Chocolate Souffle
Kelsie: Crab Legs, Salad, more Crab Legs, Honey Rosted Salmon and Sweet Temptations


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb