Christmas in Fairbanks...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Fairbanks
December 26th 2009
Published: December 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Christmas Carol Clock 7 secs
SunriseSunriseSunrise

This was taken shortly before 11am.
Christmas Eve was lovely once again. We headed out to do shopping and then dinner at the Asian Bistro for our traditional Chinese dinner. Hunan beef, steamed chicken and vegetables, garlic chicken shrimp and lobster sauce and a Thai curry. Yummy! Leftovers for the next day, well the day after Christmas.

Getting home, Jim, Frankie and Mark headed out to find a tree after measuring the height in the bay window. Sure glad I had my knitting measuring tape handy! It did not take long for them to find the perfect tree and then we got to the business of decorating. It is always fun to see the same ornaments year after year and talk about them.

Christmas day: spent all day smelling the wonderful smells of turkey roasting, yams/sweet potatoes and one baked white potato...though we only found the baked white potato on Saturday evening as I sit and type this... Dinner was fabulous. Xena marathon started and went into the wee hours. One of the nicest things about being here is the relaxed and easy time we spend with family.

Saturday: lazily get up, fish breakfast, smoked mackerel, smoked salmon, tarmosalata, cheeses, crackers... all yummy. Then as we'd really were very lazy yesterday we took off to the University of Alaska Museum of the North. The aurora movie is very good as is wandering round the museum. Stopping in Freddie's on the way home we picked up some cranberry sauce, unfortunately forgotten at the meal yesterday and back to the house to watch some more Xena and eat leftovers.

Tomorrow we'll head regretfully back to Anchorage, during the daylight so we can see some of the beautiful scenery on the way. Next visit is already planned for March and hopefully the ice carving festival.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Blue AccentsBlue Accents
Blue Accents

One of the fun features of my camera.
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Just before 3pm!
Mark & the BearMark & the Bear
Mark & the Bear

Inside the UA Museum of the North


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb