Alaskan Cruise - Day 12


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Denali
September 5th 2009
Published: September 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we left Denali National Park for Fairbanks. But before we left, we paid a visit to Jeff King's Husky Homestead. Jeff is a champion musher & we had an opportunity to see Alaskan Huskies in training.

To get us involved, when we arrived at the place, we were each handed a puppy. This is the puppy dog close at its best. Not familiar with the puppy dog close? The puppy dog close is probably the best tool ever invented in selling. If you have puppies, or kitties that you want to get rid of, you give one of them to someone & say "Just take it home for a few days. Feed it & take care of it then let me know what you think." They are not going to want to give it back! You know they will keep it! Anyway, I am digressing from my story. The puppies were precious. Mine however did want to be anywhere else but with me, but everyone else was delighted with there humans. After Jeff's folks made us surrender our puppies so the puppies could get back to napping, we had a chance to see some of the older ones at work. Since there was no snow, the trainers hooked up a team to an ATV. They didn't use a sled not only because of no snow, but no brakes. They have to make sure that the brakes are fully functional because those dogs can run!

We then headed to the train depot for the final leg of our trip to Fairbanks. Again, beautiful scenery & some final excursions. More tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



8th September 2009

Jeff King's place
We were here too and held the puppies ~ I loved how they ALL wanted to be chosen for the demonstration on the ATV.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb