Visit with Barbara and Wally Pouncy


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama
September 12th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 31.6369, -86.7419

This posting was NOT proof-read by Glenn, so please disregard any grammatical mistakes that I have posted.

Although Linda really wanted us to stay a little longer, I just insisted that we needed to get on down the road because on Monday we were driving out of our way to see Wally and Barbara down south of Montgomery, AL, and then headed on over to Jackson, Mississippi.

After a delicious breakfast, we got in the RAV 4 at 8:15 (once the school traffic had cleared out), and drove towards the Pouncys.

We got there just before noon time and were able to spend a good 2 hours with them. They served us our lunch. Again, it was one of those things where we were talking a mile a minute.

We first knew Barbara and Wally during our first term in Bolivia, from 1986-1989. They served with New Tribes and were the Guest Home Host/Hostess there by Supermercado Sur. That was the big supermarket just across the street.

I remember having Ellen's 5th birthday party on the picnic table at their base. We also would "honk" as we drove by their house, so she knew we were driving by.

They shared their hearts with us.
Sad. They also challenged us to continue to do "Pastoral Care", because we are needed, very much, beause the missionaries are "broken".

As we drove away, Glenn and I were reminded that people are really "hurting". When they shared the struggles they have gone through, the struggles of supporting churches, and some of their their other struggles - it just breaks our heart.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb