Visit with Dean and Linda plus Lacy


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Birmingham
September 11th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.5203, -86.8115

This posting was NOT proof-read by Glenn, so please disregard any grammatical mistakes that I have posted.

After going to church on Sunday morning with the Cokers, we met more of their friends. All the Cheshiers were there and we chatted a bit with them. The Cheshiers were CAM missionaries several years ago in Mexico.

We left after the first service at First Bible Church and headed towards Pinson, Alabama where the Selfs live.

We got to the Selfs house just around lunch time and were able to visit most of the afternoon. Linda had put some "shrimp" into her gumbo soup, so we "Quickly" took that out since Glenn is allergic to Shrimp. Because it didn't soak up the juice very much, he didn't have any reaction. Good thing.

We left the Selfs house at 4pm and headed to the Panera Bread store near the Summit outdoor mall. There we met up with Lacy Free and her husband. Lacy came down to Guatemala on a work team to help with the conference kids several years ago. It was good to meet her husband, Tad. He is a very sharp fellow.

They just found out that they are pregnant, so of course we talked
about "baby stuff".

After a great 2 hour visit with them and some prayer time, we headed back to Self's house.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb