Visiting in Hoover, AL


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Hoover
November 4th 2017
Published: November 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

blog 11-04-17 Visiting in Hoover

Our plan was to sleep in this morning but apparently the dogs had other ideas. First Alfy heard something outside and barked his very loud inturder bark. Then Lynus had to see what was happening so he joined in. OK, we got that settled down fairly quickly, just back to sleep when it happened all over again. Ok shut the door, back to bed. By that time it was almost 8 am so we were doomed from getting any more sleep, the boys were now hungry and crying for breakfast. We gave up.

We moved slowly, enjoyed breakfast and coffee outside enjoying the 70 plus temps. The dogs had their walk then it was time to go visit a friend of Ginnie's that lives about 9 miles away in Hoover, AL.

We were going to visit Janet and Bill and Janet had just had surgery so we picked up 2 pizzas and brought them for lunch. We had a lovely visit and I learned a little about their corgies who are notoriously famous corgies in the show world. There are ribbons all over for best of show, best in obedience, best in veterans class at the corgie national, best in conformation and the list goes on. They raises some real beauties.

We walked to the pond across the street and Janet showed us her swans that have lived there for 2 yrs. There are ducks and geese too and all came when Janet called them and the swan's actually talked to her moving their heads up and down.

On our way home we stopped twice for items we needed and somehow got on the wrong road. Ginnie said she didn't remember this and that and finally I checked my phone GPS and sure enough we were on 150 where we should have been on 31. Have absolutely NO idea how we did that but we did and it took an extra 15 min to get home but we did get there.

We sat outside til dark and enjoyed maybe our last night in warmth. Tomorrow we head for North Carolina.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb