At Sea


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
August 22nd 2008
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 17.8951, -104.15

Today was an at sea day. I read on the verandah for a while until the rest of the family got up (well, Nikki got up and around 9 we woke the girls up). Getting ready didn't take much time as we were planning to spend some time at the pool.

Breakfast was in Topsiders again followed shopping and then going to a Family Craft activity where we made foam door hangers. Kelsie was itching to get her hair braided so she and I went up to deck 9 to see if we could get an appointment. Lucky for us they had enough time to do it right then so she got her hair braided. While we were there Nikki came up in her swimsuit so she and I could sit by the pool. Kelsie went to meet with Stephanie and Regan had decided to take a bath. Nikki and I lounged in and by Quiet Cove Pool until it was time for Nik to head back to the room to shower.

Kelsie and Stephanie watched a movie, did some shopping in the stores, and went swimming.

Regan went to see Enchanted again while Nikki and I went on an Art of the Cruise Ship Tour. We learned about how the carpets on the ship are used to indicate where you are on the ship. We also saw the weld joint where the two halves of the ship were joined together. We learned that the almost black color on the ship is called Monica Blue, that the stabilizers on the ship reduce 90% of the rocking of the ship and that the restaurants are at the back of the ship because that is how it was on the grand ships of the 1930s. While we were on the tour we saw a bunch of dolphins swimming and jumping along the side of the ship. While Nikki was waching the dolpins with the rest of us she also saw a sea turtle.

It was then back to the room to get ready for the Castaway Club Party. Of the 2700 people on the ship, 2100 of us are Castaway Club members so it was quite the party. It was held at the Goofy Pool.

Dinner was in Animator's Palate tonight and was the show night with the restaurant changing from black and white to color.

After dinner we went to see "Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer" and then to see Ronn Lucas, a ventriloquist, in the Walt Disney Theater. After the show, Kelsie went to Ocean Quest with Stephanie and Nikki and Regan went to see Swing Vote. I went to bed so that I could get up early to do laundry.

Tomorrow we are in Acapulco.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb